2016 marks the 15th year of me being a school mum, and every one of those years has seen me thank the school teacher at the end of the year with a present. I have two school teachers in my family and have seen first hand how much those gestures mean to them. In my first years of being a school parent gifts would be purchased individually, however as the years have gone by it is more and more common for the entire class to join together and give the teacher a combined thank you.
Contributing for a group gift can be difficult to do and hard to remember if like me you are not in the school daily, weekly or even monthly. An email would be sent, I would get sidetracked and the (fantastic) school mums at my school would have to chase, remind and in my case chase again a few times. Now there is a very effective and easy way to purchase those combined gifts, not just for our lovely school teachers but for anyone you like!
Group Together – www.grouptogether.com makes collecting for your group gift easy.
- Go online to www.grouptogether.com and click on “Start a Collection”
- Give your collection a name, IE “Christmas Gift For Mrs Day”
- Decide if you would like to make a donation to a charity of your choice from each contribution
- Select whether contributors give a set amount or an amount they choose to/can afford
- Decide how Group Togethers small fee is paid – will the giver pay it on top of their gift, or will it be deducted as a whole from your total?
- Pick an end date to your collection – give ample time for people to make their gift
- Elect whether to make your collection private or public
- Choose one of the invitation templates to email out your group request
- Do you want a group card where everyone who donates can write their own message? (My personal favourite feature) You can also create a link to post on social media!
- Add the email addresses of those you want to ask to contribute, send out and wait for the gifts to start coming in!
Payments can be made via credit card or PayPal, and Group Together will send reminders for those (like myself) who might accidentally forget to action things. Once the end date arrives, Group Together will deposit the collected funds (less any fees) to your nominated bank account. How easy is that?
To find out more or to get your group collection underway head to this link where Mum To Five Followers can try Group Together for free!
Thanks to Group Together, I am giving away a $40 Myer E-Gift Card to get that special gift for your teacher or appreciated one. Entry is on the Mum To Five Page under the Group Together Post.
To enter: Comment on the Facebook post. Like the Facebook post (Sharing is appreciated) Visit Group Together on Facebook
Terms and Conditions: Entry is open to Australian residents only. Entries open 7pm 4.11.16 and close 9pm 9.11.16 AEST. This competition is a game of chance – winner is drawn using random.org. Unlimited entry applies
1 winner will receive a $40 Myer E-Gift Card. RRP of this prize is $40. Winner will be notified on the Facebook Post within 48 hours of competition close and will have 48 hours to make contact to claim or a new winner will be drawn. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or associated with Facebook.